Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Commercials leave lasting impression


What do a screaming goat, a chicken riding the rails and a talking camel have in common?

Well, the answer is simple – Geico. If you haven't stumbled upon these brilliant commercials for car insurance, you have to get online and check them out. I wish I had been the mastermind behind these catchy works of art. Every time I see a goat, I think of Geico. Every time I hear someone scream, I think of Geico. So, somebody did his or her job right.

There aren't too many commercials I intentionally look for. Nine times out of 10 I flip to a different channel if a commercial comes on. But, these are different. They have comedic timing and wacky animals. Since I love animals, that is a plus.

The chicken commercial is my favorite since I have my own backyard flock. I can be in the kitchen fixing supper or in the bedroom folding laundry and hear the words, “I'll ride the highway, I'm going my way. I leave the story untold,” and know that my free range chicken is on TV. I literally take off like a bolt of lightning toward the TV; it puts a a smile on my face. And face it, there aren't too many commercials that can achieve that kind of success.

I love seeing this little chicken embark on her journey sitting in a restaurant next to a guy who is eating eggs, telling stories by the campfire, riding the rails and finally sending selfies back home. Now, that is an awesome chicken. However, I think my hen, Chickamina, could give her a run for her money. Chickamina has become one of the most domesticated chickens I have ever known. I clap my hands, call her name and she comes running toward me like a dog.

I think Chickamina should star in some commercials of her own. I think she should start off with milk commercials. Why milk? Well, Chickamina has a talent for chasing after me when I'm carrying milk jugs of water out to the coop at night to fill the waterer. She loves drinking fresh water out of a milk jug - go figure. It's a hoot. And it's really funny when she drinks a little too much, too fast and gets a chicken brain freeze. She closes her eyes for a few seconds until the feeling subsides.

I think having Chickamina pose with a milk jug and a milk mustache on her beak would be a brilliant idea. Everyone would remember the “Got Milk?” poster with the chicken. I would be more than happy to represent Chickamina if any milk executives would like to contact me. Her schedule, and mine, is wide open.




No comments:

Post a Comment